Coconut Crusted Red Snapper
- Four 8oz snapper fillets
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup organic coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground lemongrass
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- virgin coconut oil
This simple yet sophisticated way of preparing red snapper is a feast for senses as well as the
stomach. Works with any tropical white fish.
- In a shallow bowl combine coconut, 1⁄4 cup flour, curry powder, coriander, cumin, black
pepper, lemongrass and salt.
- Mix the ingredients together until evenly combined.
- In another shallow bowl whisk together the egg and the milk.
- Place the remaining 1⁄4 cup organic coconut flour in a shallow bowl.
- For each fillet: press each fillet into the flour, then into the egg/milk mixture, and then into the
- Heat the 1 Tablespoon of virgin coconut oil in a large sauté pan until hot. Then add the fillets
to the pan.
- Cook 3 minutes. Then turn and cook until done, about 1 minute more.