Coconut Honey Muffins
- 1 cup organic coconut flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup natural coconut sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 125g butter
- 2 tbsp Manuka honey
- 1 tbsp water
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
New Zealand women used to prepare and mail these traditional coconut treats to Kiwi
soldiers serving overseas during the First World War. ANZAC stands for Australia and New
Zealand Army Corps.
- In a steel bowl combine organic coconut flour, natural coconut sugar, rolled oats and shredded
- Melt butter in a sauce pan, add Manuka honey (a speciality New Zealand wild-flower honey
which is available in most gourmet food stores) and water.
- Stir baking soda into liquid mixture.
- Add liquid to dry mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Place walnut-sized balls of the mixture on a greased baking try and bake at 350 F for 15-20
- Let cool, enjoy!