Moist Coconut Cornbread
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup organic coconut flour
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp flax powder
- 3 tbsp boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup virgin coconut oil, solid
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup honey
This gluten-free, egg-free, and dairy-free cornbread is guaranteed to be as moist as the
Southern American classic.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Sift together first 5 ingredients. Mix flax and boiling water together and let sit for 5 minutes
until it reaches an egg-like consistency.
- Add coconut oil to dry ingredients and mix together with your fingers (or a pastry cutter) until
it becomes a course meal. Mix flax mixture, honey and coconut milk together and add to dry
mixture. Mix until combined.
- Pour into an 8 inch square pan or muffin tins greased with coconut oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in preheated oven.